Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Radio Silence

One of the worst things is getting in your car and turning on the radio only to find out that the format of one of your favorite stations has changed. I guess what really chaps my buns about it is that you never get any warning. I think you could have the common courtesy to tell me my favorite classic rock station will be playing Tijuana Big Band hits of the 40's tomorrow. But no, you go to work listening to great music and at the end of the day BAM!!!!! I guess I am particularly bitter because that happened to me today. There WAS an alternative rock station in Houston that of course had made it on to my preset 6 in my car. I tend to do the radio  station shuffle from time to time. Everything was fine and dandy and then this afternoon at 5pm.......it magically turned into a christian rock station. Like Cinderella was late getting home from the ball. Mid song mind you and then the whole world came to a screeching halt. (This is my recollection of what happened) So, I'm left scrambling to find a replacement station on my drive home. I even resorted to AM stations if that tells you just how bad it really was. Moral of the story: We need more decent radio stations and less crap filled with DJs who only like to hear themselves talk and play the same 7 songs on a constant  rotation.

1 comment:

  1. That happens to me all the time. Course it's the line-up of AM talk show hosts that get changed on me. Also, Sunday comics. Who gets to decide what's entertaining? I used to read all the Sunday comics when I was a kid, now I read about 1/4 of them. They're supposed to be funny and lighthearted. I don't wanna be preached at or be made depressed by them!

    ReplyDelete